Multiple record formats inside a window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple record formats inside a window

I've done this before but it's been so long I forgot how I did it. I am designing a DSPF that has a window and in the window I am going to display a subfile. At the top of the window I want a record format with some column headings and at the bottom of the window I want a footer with the command key instructions. I can put the WINDOW keyword and WDWBORDER in the subfile control format and also have the column heading in the subfile control format but how do I get the headings inside the window also. I was thinking there was a way for another format to reference the record format with the window specifications in it.

Here is an example of what I've done in the past to accomplish what I believe you are attempting.

I put the Command Keys in the bottom border.

I hope it helps.

Walt

Click image for larger version

Name:	example - dds window.png
Views:	0
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	147743
    Code:
         A                                      PUTOVR                              
         A                                      SFLSIZ(0005)                        
         A                                      SFLPAG(0004)                        
         A                                      WINDOW(*DFT 8 70 *NOMSGLIN)         
         A                                      WDWBORDER((*COLOR GRN) (*CHAR '    -
         A                                          '))                             
         A                                      WDWBORDER((*DSPATR RI) (*CHAR '    -
         A                                          '))                             
         A                                      WDWTITLE((*TEXT 'F6=Add  F12=Cancel-
         A                                      ') *BOTTOM *LEFT)                   
         A                                      WDWTITLE((*TEXT 'Vendor Item Lead T-
         A                                      ime') *CENTER)                      

A            CSRROW         3S 0H                                          
         A            CSRCOL         3S 0H                                          
         A            ITMLEADRRN     5S 0H                                          
         A*           RRNPOS         4S 0H      SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR)                   
         A            CURSORRCD     10A  H                                          
         A            CURSORFLD     10A  H                                          

A                                  1  2'Vendor:'                           
         A            H_VENDORNOR    6   O  1 10REFFLD(VENDORNO PMVNDITEM)          
         A                                      EDTCDE(4)                           
         A                                  2  2'Item. :'                           
         A            H_ITEMNO  R   12   O  2 10REFFLD(ITEMNO PMVNDITEM)            
         A            H_DEST    R        H      REFFLD(ID PMCITY)                   
         A            H_LEADTIMER    3   O  3 29REFFLD(TRANSTIME PMSHPRTEH)         
         A                                      DSPATR(HI)                          

A                                  4  2'Seg'                               
         A                                      COLOR(WHT)                          
         A                                  4  6'Description'                       
         A                                  4 27'Origin'                            
         A                                  4 43'Destination'                       
         A                                  4 59'Days'                              
         A                                  4 64'Via'                               
         A            H_ROUTEID R        H      REFFLD(ID PMSHPRTEH)                
         A                                  4 68'Typ'                               
         A                                  3  2'Due . :'                           
         A                                  3 34'Mfg:'                              
         A                                  3 58'Calendar:'                         
         A                                  3 44'Transit:'                          
         A            H_ITEMDSC R   30      2 23REFFLD(ITMDSI ITMFIL)               
         A            H_VENDORD R   25      1 23REFFLD(VNAMEV PURVND)               
         A                                  3 23'Lead:'                             
         A            H_MFGTIME R    3   O  3 39REFFLD(TRANSTIME PMSHPRTEH)         
         A                                      ALIAS(MFGTIME)                      
         A            H_TRANTIMER    3   O  3 53REFFLD(TRANSTIME PMSHPRTEH)         
         A                                      ALIAS(TRANTIME)                     
         A            H_CALTIME R    3   O  3 68REFFLD(TRANSTIME PMSHPRTEH)         
         A                                      ALIAS(CALTIME)                      
         A            H_DUEDATE       L  B  3 10DATFMT(*USA)                        
         A  86                                  DSPATR(PC)

Comment

No that is not it, although your way will work. I am talking about one record format with the headings and another record format with the footing all inside the same window. I've done it, I just can't remember how

Comment

Perhaps this is what you're looking for then?

Walt

Code:
             A                                      PRINT CA03(03) CA12(12)
             A*********************************************************************
             A          R WIN                       WINDOW(&STRROW &STRCOL +
             A                                      10 40 +
             A                                      *NOMSGLIN)
             A                                      WDWBORDER((*DSPATR RI))
             A                                      OVERLAY USRRSTDSP
             A            STRROW         3S 0P
             A            STRCOL         3S 0P
             A            PROMPT        20      1  2
             A            INPUT         15   B  1 23DSPATR(HI)
             A          R EMPTY                     OVERLAY WINDOW(WIN)
             A  99                              3  2'(no matches found)'
             A                                 10 02'F12=Cancel'
             A          R SFL                       SFL
             A            LINOUT        38   B  3  2DSPATR(PR) CHGINPDFT
             A          R CTL                       SFLCTL(SFL) OVERLAY WINDOW(WIN)
             A                                      SFLPAG(6) SFLSIZ(60)
             A  99                                  SFLCLR
             A N99                                  SFLDSP SFLDSPCTL
             A  90                                  SFLEND(*MORE)
             A N90                                  ROLLUP(27)
             A                                      CA06(06)
             A            SRN            4  0H      SFLRCDNBR
             A          R DUMMY                     ASSUME

Comment

• gregwga50
          gregwga50 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I believe that is what I am referring to............thx

Use the WINDOW(formatname) keyword on the footer format to reference the format that has the window specifications on it (the subfile control format in your example).

Comment

Sorry Walt, I missed the fact that your second example had WINDOW(WIN) in it until after I posted.

Comment

• wegrace
            wegrace commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries.
        Working...
        X