Scroll-able input field on Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll-able input field on Display

I am looking to create a scrollable input box with multiple fields on a display file, similar to a combo box on a GUI. Does anyone know of a way to do this. I want to be able to do this as we are moving to Rational Developer and going to attempt to make a GUI front end. I have a grouping of fields ( Ex: Procedure , Date performed, Bill types) that the user can input from 1 through 50 entries. ( Currently we only display 25 of these on the display, but are looking to make the display accept up to 50).
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    John
    John M. Mauro
    Software Engineer
    nThrive

What type of display are you targeting? Browser? Windows? Mobile? what package are you using? The more information you provide, the more likely we can help you.

Comment

• johnmauro
      johnmauro commented
      Editing a comment
      We are currently looking to make the product available to both a web service and windows compatible. Thank you for taking the time to answer!!!
      John

Can you post an image of what you're trying achieve? It sounds like you want to display an input field that's actually a subfile containing a maximum of 50 rows. Not fully practical, but that kind of seems to describe what you're trying to do.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	outpatient.png
Views:	0
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	145068
      John M. Mauro
      Software Engineer
      nThrive

Comment

• johnmauro
        johnmauro commented
        Editing a comment
        Tom, This is a picture of the current as400 display. We want to turn the Diagnosis & Procedure sections into scroll boxes so we can allow the user to input 50 of each We are currently in transition to Rational Developer and will eventually turn this into a web service.
        Thanks for taking the time to review.
        John

For a DDS solution, it sounds like you want a subfile: http://www.code400.com/inside.php?category=SUBFILE

Comment

Subfiles (two of them) could get pretty close, though two issues arise. First, the "VALUE CD AMT" area interferes with "DIAGNOSIS". And second, combining data entry+scrolling with two subfiles on a single display screen might make moving among all screen elements tricky; additional CA/CF-keys are potentially needed to activate areas.

It might be easier not to use subfiles at all. Scrolling could be used to cause a redisplay with different 'array' elements being shown from a "DIAGNOSIS" and a "CPTr PROCEDURES" array. (Perhaps cursor position would signal which array would "scroll", i.e., be refilled on-screen.) The counting numerals ('1.', '2.', etc.) would be output rather than screen constants.

Initial question made subfiles seem plausible, and perhaps they are. But this is a very busy screen. Windowed subfiles might get pretty close. I don't know if I'd enjoy trying to make it work for users though.
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Thanks for your input Tom. I can redesign the screen to move the Value Codes area. I going to attempt to make both the Diagnosis & the Procedure arewa as subfile. I am attemping the procedures first and if I get that down will move onto the Diagnosis. Again Thank You !!!
          John
          John M. Mauro
          Software Engineer
          nThrive

Comment

Working...
          X