Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDI4XXDTA Library

Our library is at 99% of its maximum volume, of which it kills EDI at 100%

I'm trying to figure out, what in this library is able to be purged safely. We don't have gsx support, so im hoping someone has run into this issue before me.

They generally are all USRSPC files, named a0* b0* c0* ext.

Most of the objects show a use date of 8/20/16 (last Saturday).

Example:

Object Type Library Attribute Text
    O0000AB9AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000ACAAA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000ACBAA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000ACDAA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000ACEAA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC1AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC2AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC3AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC6AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC7AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC8AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink

back up the lib, then start nuking them. bad time to not have support.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

I do not recall the ever using the user spaces when i did my after the fact analysis. I am pretty sure they are junk.

Comment

Well, thanks for the help DeadManWalks. Will give her a full backup and see if anything starts to go crazy.

Comment

As was stated in the other thread. I think there is some menu option that talks about automated purges. I'd hunt this down.

Comment

It's been a long time since I worked with TrustedLink, but as I recall, these user spaces were not "junk", they kept all of the data from previous sessions, allowing you to view or re-run sessions that occurred in the past. I definitely would not delete them directly. I would use the software's purges to get rid of old ones. Contact Inovis or read your documentation for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Klement View Post
              It's been a long time since I worked with TrustedLink, but as I recall, these user spaces were not "junk", they kept all of the data from previous sessions, allowing you to view or re-run sessions that occurred in the past. I definitely would not delete them directly. I would use the software's purges to get rid of old ones. Contact Inovis or read your documentation for details.
              Agree 100%...

The newer versions of TrustedLink have excellent purge tools that can greatly reduce the space it consumes. We currently run 6.04.01. What version are you on?

Comment

Working...
              X