Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries DB2 - SQL DB conversion.

Hi

I have managed to create a tool to export our ageing iSeries database to a flat file on a destination server using CPYTOIMPF.. Works a treat but we've quite an number of files to transfer.

Is there anyway of automatically creating SQL DDL files to create the tables(s) based on the DB2 metadata so I can migrate the the file to the SQL DB?

I'm not sure if this will help?

Any ones help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    www.midlifegamers.co.uk

I've used this to build DDL on all objects in a library outputting the data to source file.

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim_T.. that's fantastic. works a treat, thanks you. One question though.. I can run the following from inside an SQL command prompt not a problem:

call qsys2/generate_sql('SDF99P', 'BLBDAYLIB','TABLE','QSQLSRC','GRLIB','SDF99P', statement_formatting_option => '0', naming_option => ' SQL', ccsid_option => '0', trigger_option => '0', message_level => '30', privileges_option =>'0')

but I can't get in working from within a CLP either directly or using RUNSQL?

Any ideas?
      Paul

www.midlifegamers.co.uk

Comment

Paul,

It took me a little while to get the GENERATE_SQL procedure to work.

I originally figured it out on a 7.1 partition which does not allow named parameters but now we have a couple of 7.3 partitions.

It seems the procedure call does not like STATEMENT_FORMATTING_OPTION parameter name.

Try the old way.

runsqlibm sql('call qsys2.generate_sql(''SDF99P'',''BLBDAYLIB'',''TABL E'',''QSQLSRC'',''GRLIB'',''SDF99P'',39,''1'',''0' ',''ISO'',''-'',''ISO'',''.'',''SQL'',''.'',''0'',''0'',30,''1' ',''1'',''1'',''0'',''1'',''1'',''0'',''0'',''0'', ''0'',X''00'',X''00'',''0'',''0'',''0'')')

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X