ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receiving 'Cannot resolve to Object' error!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving 'Cannot resolve to Object' error!

Please help!!! Not sure if this is correct thread for this but since it's a COBOL program that is causing my problem, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the cause and solution.

I'm working with web services ... programs that are called on as400 side are in COBOL... am having trouble with one in particular that also has a call to CL within the code. I'm getting this error:

Cannot resolve to object DTACREDEN. Type and Subtype X'0201' Authority
    X'0000'.
    Message 'MCH3401' in program object 'WEBCREPUT' in library 'SEADEV'

I've recompiled both the COBOL and the CL to ensure they were in proper libraries. I've also checked my profile and I have what looks to be the correct authority. When I run a test on the as400 I don't receive this error...only when accessing from the web service.

The actual COBOL code that is causing the error is this:

MOVE ZEROES TO CRE-COUNT.
    CALL "DTACREDEN" USING CRE-COUNT.

Other programs are doing calls in them but to other COBOL programs without issue.

Anyone have any ideas as to the best way to resolve (aside from not coding in COBOL! which unfortunately is not an option)?

Thanks for your help!

Caren

Re: Receiving 'Cannot resolve to Object' error!

it has nothing to do with COBOL and everything to do with library list/object resolution...basically it's saying i can't find this program!!! ensure that the program being called is in the library list at runtime...the web service call is initiated and is running in a job without the correct library list. and it's very possible that you may have other issues you aren't aware of due to this as well (invalid data (retrieved from the wrong library/file, etc))
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Thanks for such a quick response.

Ensuring the called program was in same library list as calling program was the first thing i checked. I did verify that some of the other programs are doing calls but they are all calling other COBOL pgms. Is there something odd with calling CL from COBOL while executing via web service? I'm tempted to figure out how to code the activity within the CL (retrieving and updating data from data area) directly into the COBOL program just to avoid having to deal with this problem. I'm not too keen on that idea since someone else wrote the programs on the as400 and my primary function is to code the web services side of this project but unless there is a better (read that as quicker) solution, I might go that route.

As always, thanks for your help!

Caren

Comment

BTW Caren is the related data area in the same library as the CL ?
        Philippe

Comment

Working...
        X