X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monmsg

Hi
    I get an exception when I run my CLP.
    RC01102 received by PKGHSBC at 5400. ( C D I R)

Its generated by CL statement
    RBTRCLLIB/RCLEXEC in my program

Iam trying to handle this message by writing
    MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000) in my CLP.

But its nt catching the exception RC01102. The message id & message type are CPA0701 &Inquiry respectively...
    whats appropriate way of handling this? is it some thing MONMSG RC01102?

Donna.

Re: Monmsg

Hi Donna:

The simple way out is to

Code:
    monmsg (cpf0000 RC00000) exec(goto cmdlb(endall))
    Good Luck
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Or, to trap a CPA0701, you need to monitor for CPA0701, CPA0700, or CPA0000, depending how generic you want to go. CPF0000 will not trap errors that don't start with CPF.

Comment

The RC01102 messge is being generated inside the program that drives the RBTRCLLIB/RCLEXEC command. This program is not handling the exception so it is being handled by the default handler and generates the inquiry message. Your calling CLP hasn't even got a sniff of an exception at this point. It's all still inside RCLEXEC so your MONMSG is useless.

The CPA0701 message is simply the exception handler telling your calling program that it found an error in RCLEXEC.

Monitoring for an exception in the calling CLP won't catch an exception that's sent to a program lower in the call stack. That is the responsibility of that program to handle and propagate back to the caller if need be.

You need to be looking at why the error is occurring in RBTRCLLIB/RCLEXEC to solve your problem.

Comment

Hi

I am getting one error which is under CPA0701.
          It is saying IFS0000 received by pgm1 at statement 20.
          The commnad on which I am getting this error is EXTOL command which is trying to copy files from worklink folder to AS400 library and then delete them from work link folder.

Please, could anybody help me what it is as there is no clue on IFS0000?

Thanks and regards,
          Sushrut

Comment

I think if you tried harder you could find an older post to attach your question to......

please post your joblog........
            or at least a screen shot of the error in detail.

download mwsnap if you dont have any tools to do that

thanks
            jamie
            All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
            and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Working...
            X