X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPTFRMIMPF, STRPCO & STRPCCMD

Hi,
    Here I go again....
    After most of the morning reading one internet post after another regarding the commands in my subject line, I'm at a standstill.

Objective:
    I've created a file via a CLP and a few calls to RPGLE programs and now want to have that file open on the user's PC in Excel.

I've read that I would need to use the CPYFRMIMPF command to write to the IFS as a 'csv' file, then use STRPCO with option no, then STRPCCMD.
    So, I tried putting all this together and here I am.

What is the real method and commands to use to get my objective done?
    I'm new to ILE and although I can understand Free, somewhat, the people in power don't want it used so this leaves me at RPGLE.

Mike.
    Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

It sounds like you're on the right track. What seems to be the trouble? Is it giving an error? Is the CSV file created in the shared directory?

Comment

jtaylor,
      OK, that's a start, being on the right track. So then, I do need all three commands.
      Can QTEMP be part of this adventure?
      On the CPYFRMIMPF command, I entered the "From File" information with the location of my file (in QTEMP) and for the "To data base file" information, used a file name (8,3) with a "CSV" extension in a system library. Left all the other parameters as is.
      When run; I get an error stating that the "To data base file" was not found. I do not see a parameter allowing creation of the file and no, it doesn't exist at this time.
      How do I create the file ?

Comment

QTEMP should be fine. See what you can do with this.
        Code:
        CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE() TOSTMF() MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF) DTAFMT(*DLM)

STRPCO
        MONMSG     MSGID(IWS4010)  

STRPCCMD PCCMD('\\server\share\fileName.csv')

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor___ View Post
          QTEMP should be fine. See what you can do with this.
          Code:
          CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE() TOSTMF() MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF) DTAFMT(*DLM)

STRPCO
          MONMSG MSGID(IWS4010)

STRPCCMD PCCMD('\\server\share\fileName.csv')
          WOW, that got it all working except for the Excel part - file didn't open but there were 0 errors.

Comment

jtaylor,
            I reran the program after changing the command to allow a pause and then I saw the issue. Part of the directory string (usr/) wasn't recognized so, I just need to figure out which directory to start from in the IFS..

Thanks for all your help.

Mike.

Comment

FYI, STRPCCMD is client-side, so the command must be something the PC can handle/access. If it's Windows, that means wrong-way slashes. The file must also be accessible from the client (e.g. on a NetServer share).

Comment

sponsored links

Collapse

Working...
              X