Spool file to Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spool file to Excel

Does anybody know how to create an Excel spreadsheet from an Iseries spool file? Without a package? Thanks!

Re: Spool file to Excel

the quick and dirty is use cpytostmf
    PHP Code:
    CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(MYLIB/SOMEFILE)        
    TOSTMF('/home/file.csv'MBROPT(*REPLACE
    STMFCODPAG(*PCASCIIRCDDLM(*CRLF
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Can you do this from a spool file? That's the part I'm not sure of..

Comment

not really easily you have those pesky page numbers and headings.....

cant you output to a table as you write your detail records in print file

then just send that table?
        All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
        and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

in ops navigator drag the spool file to your desktop, which coverts it to a text file. Open text file in excel and then define the columns...delete the rows of page headings.

I do this all the time for one off conversions.
          Bill
          "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
          A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
          'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

Man, I have to post this again? Doesn't anybody use the forum's "Search" function any more?
            Attached Files
            "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Originally posted by littlepd View Post
              Man, I have to post this again? Doesn't anybody use the forum's "Search" function any more?
              Don't make him angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry !!!
              Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Hello, I have a product wich runs on tomcat with JEE technologie, wich gives you the exporting to excell, txt, pdf functionality. Soon it will provide you merge capabilities from a report design and a spoolfile content.

Please email me if you want to try it out. It is a demo versión.

Comment

Yea.. it makes his left eye glow and you can see rings circle his head!

Comment

If you ask for an option, this is one of them. email to webspool[at]info-2000[dot]com , for a demo version.

Comment

i wrote an opensource tool for this using Scott Klements HSSF service programs. you should still be able to get a copy from sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/iseriestoexcel

just a side note. it uses Apache's POI for creating the spreadsheets and the more columns you add the slower it goes (row count doesn't really show any speed degradation though).
                      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

This aplication requires 0 code in the AS400 system, this is a standalone tomcat JEE app. This has merge capabilities into pdf, aside from exporting to xls, txt, pdf

Comment

Doesn't that mean that you have to have tomcat set up on your pc then? This sounds more complicated then just adding a new program to the AS400...
                          Your future President
                          Bryce

---------------------------------------------
                          http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

Originally posted by joseluiscruz View Post
                            This aplication requires 0 code in the AS400 system, this is a standalone tomcat JEE app. This has merge capabilities into pdf, aside from exporting to xls, txt, pdf
                            txt files...too easy...copy to IFS as .txt, FTP to PC as .txt, heck even CPYTOPCD as a .txt.

XLS files...many different tools including the one mentioned above.

PDF set up CutePDF writer as a printer (or there's other tools available IIRC Jamie has one posted on here somewhere that's free )

why run tomcat when the tools are there free for the taking and no extra setup/maintenance required?
                            I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Yes you have everything correct, but have though about sending pdf files; product of a merge by email. You can design great reports with my tool, where the origen of the data is the spoolfile, so it is not only exporting simple, my tool goes far beyong exporting.

By the way tomcat is free, and my tool is not expensive as others. So I am pretty sure you will have a ROI in a pretty short time.

Now the advanteges of using tomat is you have a site wich can be used by all that have access to the web server.

If you want to try it pls do not hesitate to ask for it.

Check the image to understand how is the merge done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Origen_Destino.png
Views:	1
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	125930

Comment

Working...
                              X