ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query: how to not print report with zero records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query: how to not print report with zero records?

Where I used to work, we had NGS IQ, and I could suppress the printing of reports that had zero records selected.

Where I am now, we have some IBM Query queries that run reports, and there are a couple that usually have no records selected, yet they print anyway.

Can I suppress the printing of a report when no records are selected by the Query? How are you handling this?

Thanks.

Re: Query: how to not print report with zero records?

I don't believe Query for IBM i has this ability. What I've done in these situations is have these files spool on a queue that isn't tied to a specific printer for review or have them print on *HLD status until they can be reviewed and deleted.

Frankly, anytime I can NOT print something I do it. If you have the ability to e-mail spooled files internally you might make than an alternative option as well.

Jeff

Comment

Re: Query: how to not print report with zero records?

Originally posted by Viking
      Can I suppress the printing of a report when no records are selected by the Query?
      What exactly do you want instead? Just nothing coming out of the query? A message (to read and delete) instead of a spooled file (to read and delete)? That is, what is the actual problem?
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
      X