Restarting printers that use overlays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restarting printers that use overlays

Only if the new spool files reference a resource that it is in the iasp and even then it looks like it just won't print that resource. It still prints the spool file.

Comment

Re: Restarting printers that use overlays

I am not sure what your specific overlay environment is like. At one place I worked there was a *DEVD, *OUTQ and *FILE-PRTF object with any given printer we were sending data to for overlays. One of the attributes of the PRTF that was important was a workstation customization object which resided in a library in a different ASP, originally. This caused issues and ultimately we had to move the workstation customization object into the same ASP as the other objects to ensure everything was ready when the system came online post-IPL.

Point being, there are a lot of parts that can be involved between all of these objects. We don't have details on your configuration or your overlay process so we're shooting from the hip...but what I was alluding to earlier, you're probably going down the right path by checking into the location of, and availability of, all of the objects involved after an IPL.

Comment

Working...
      X