datepicker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• datepicker

In the folder \IceBreak\System\Components\ext-1.1.1\package\datepicker there is datepicker.js.

Do you have an example on how I could use this code in my apps.

Thanks
    Jim

Re: datepicker

Hi Jim;

My ExtJS programs are far to complicated to post here. But I’ll let Henning write a little snippet and post it here tomorrow.

Regards

Niels

Comment

Hi Jim,

look at the following link:
      http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-1.1.1/ex...m/dynamic.html

In form number 3 you can see a date field with the date picker button. If you look at the javascript code you will see that the form field is declared as a Ext.form.dateField. Thats all! Se the following image:

You can find more documentation about extJS here:
      http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-1.1.1/docs/

Best regards
      Henning

Comment

Hi Jim,

please be aware that the Ext API have been upgraded to 2.x (currently 2.1 is the latest) and that the API have changed to the better and with a lot more functionality and performance. If you plan to use more in Ext than just the datepicker then you should go for the 2.x release instead of the 1.1.1 supplied with IceBreak. I know it will cost you some $, but its actually veeeeery cheap and the licensing and support is great too. Besides that, I don't think that any new functionality will go into 1.x releases anymore.

I've used Ext since the first official release 0.3x and followed the changes through 1.0.x, 1.1.x, 2.0.x and 2.1 and the upcomming 3.x release looks promising as well. The good news about using 2.x is that the basic functionality/layouts will remain in 3.x, whereas the changes from 1.x to 2.x is a lot more, so you will have to change a lot more (although it is not much if you know the API).

Best regards,
        John
        Last edited by John Foldager; April 30th, 2008, 01:22 AM.
        Best regards,

John Foldager
        www.izone.dk
        www.icebreakforum.org

Comment

Hi Jim, John.

John - you are very well updatet on extJS !!

The reason why IceBreak is shipped with extJS 1.1.1 is that all frameworks, admin-menu, IceMenu, Inspire etc. are all based on extJS 1.1.1.

When you want to go public with your own extJS/IceBreak applications - you need to purchase you own license of extJS and ship that along with your product. ( this is still super cheap)

I can speak for all IceBreak developer in this house and say that extJS is THE most cool user interface for web applications available. So it is definitely worth going down that road.

Thanks John and have fun Jim.

Niels

Comment

Originally posted by Niels Liisberg View Post
            Hi Jim;

My ExtJS programs are far to complicated to post here. But I’ll let Henning write a little snippet and post it here tomorrow.

Regards

Niels

Niels -

Do you call iSeries programs to populate your ExtJS applications? If so, do you use CGIDEV2 or your own programs to read/write with the browser?

Mike
            Your friends list is empty!

Comment

Hi Mike

The idea with IceBreak is to have a real application server for the ILE environment.

That means you don't need CGIDEV2 nor WebSphere

It takes 10 minutes to install - and you are golden....

Click download on

http://icebreak.org

Have fun

Niels

Comment

Mike,

Yes, we use RPG to populate ExtJS application in conjunction with JavaScript files. The RPG program is executed directly in the iSeries native ILE environment and is job stable. This means that you have your normal os400 job log, Qtemp library and file I/O 100% as you know it!

IceBreak use its own “build in” Web Server and therefore runs directly on the inside of the native OS400 environment:

No extra expensive performance layer.
                Full OS/400 security
                Check users against the OS/400 user profiles
                Object security including adopted authority etc.
                Direct DB2 access from RPG/COBOL or SQL
                Maintain your programs from RDi or use what ever you like e.g. Notepad++

Remember that IceBreak does not use the Apache server or CGIDEV2 so it runs extremely fast

You can download a IceBreak server from here:

http://Icebreak.org
                Regards,

Bent Ronne

Comment

sponsored links

Collapse

Working...
                X