System21 V3.5.2 SP4 to V7R1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System21 V3.5.2 SP4 to V7R1

Has anyone performed this ardous task before?

We have already identified the programs w/o observability.

I would like to get some ideas for a plan on re-compliling all of the code properly.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: System21 V3.5.2 SP4 to V7R1

I take it you're not upgrading to Aurora 2.4?
    Regards

Kit
    http://www.ecofitonline.com
    DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

No, we are on a drinks vertical that did not go to Aurora, along with great amounts of custom code from the standard System21.

I would think that we will have to make a leap in ERP at some point, but management does not have it on the radar at the moment.

Comment

Hi Mark

How did this work out?
        Regards

Kit
        http://www.ecofitonline.com
        DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Kit, we are still planning our V5R4 to V7R1 os upgrade. I am currently working a list of missing source.

Comment

Hi Mark,

This is quite a coincidence as we too are on the Drinks version, in fact we (I) installed this back in 1991 and acquired the source code very shortly after and have been developing the system over the last 23 years, adding a huge amount of functionality and integrating with many other applications. Our modifications are to such an extent that we withdrew from JBA support & maintenance within 3 years of going live as they couldn't support our hybrid version. I have been investigating migration from V5R4 of the OS to a brand new Power7+ running V7R1 eventually but initially V6R1 and have come across the same problem with unobservable objects. In our scenario these are limited to System Manager, the only programmes we have without source code. However, Infor aren't playing ball in helping us with this and will only provide the latest 'observable' version of system manager if we commit to going back on to maintenance for 3 years at a cost of 30K per year. Needless to say, given they can't support our version this isn't a very attractive offer and not one I can accept...

How did you get on in the end?

Kind regards,
            Greg Huggins

Comment

Greg, I think I have sent you a PM, but I am having issue seeing my sent PMs. Let me know if you do not get it.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay but yes I did receive your PM. Whilst I realise I have saved a fortune over the last 20+ years not paying maintenance I am very reluctant to begin doing so when I will be getting nothing for it. Our version is so highly customised it would be unsupportable in all but system manager and the annual costs for this just doesn't represent any value for money. I have since come across a product called Threshold/21 which is a replacement to system manager to address this very issue... see the following link http://www.dynasoftsolutionsinc.com/th21.htm

Have you ever come acroos this Canadian product or have you heard any reviews about it.

Kind regards,
                Greg

Comment

Greg, I have not heard of it, but if can save you from great expense, then I would pursue that path. I am going to check it out as weel. We pay maintenance just for the System Manager stuff as well. Let me know your findings.

Comment

I wonder how this went

Comment

sponsored links

Collapse

Working...
                    X