ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Debug more that 1 program through STRDBG ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Debug more that 1 program through STRDBG ??

I have a set of programs (3 CLLE and 4 RPGLE).
    When i try to debug then using STRDBG, it did not show the Code.
    It gives the message "Source Not Avaliable"

can any one tell me that how to debug multiple programs.

Thanks

In using debug u must have the src always.

If you want to add more programs like cl to monitor just do on debug mode.

shift+f2
    1 add + name
    or
    Code:
    STRDBG PGM(PGM1 PGM1)

hope it helped?
    "It's like a koala pooped a rainbow on my head and I can taste the colors."

Comment

its the way u compiled the program

Change the debug view to either *SOURCE or *ALL then the actual source is compiled with the object.

for a test compile the program the way you do now with
      *STATMENT (IBM default) check the size of the compiled object. Then change to *ALL and compile ---check size ...bet mines bigger

take care

Code:
                            Create Bound RPG Program (CRTBNDRPG)                      

Type choices, press Enter.                                                     

Program  . . . . . . . . . . . . > CHKJOB        Name, *CTLSPEC                
         Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   ATLANTIS    Name, *CURLIB                 
       Source file  . . . . . . . . . . > SOURCE        Name, QRPGLESRC               
         Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   ATLANTIS    Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB          
       Source member  . . . . . . . . . > CHKJOB        Name, *PGM                    
       Generation severity level  . . .   10            0-20                          
       Text 'description' . . . . . . .   *SRCMBRTXT                                  

Default activation group . . . .   *YES          *YES, *NO                     

Additional Parameters                               

Compiler options . . . . . . . .                 *XREF, *NOXREF, *GEN...       
                      + for more values                                               
       [COLOR=darkred]Debugging views  . . . . . . . .   *ALL          *STMT, *SOURCE, *LIST...      [/COLOR] 
       Output . . . . . . . . . . . . .   *PRINT        *PRINT, *NONE                 
                                                                              More...

Comment

Working...
      X